These easy, kid-friendly treats are great for a picnic, tailgate, party, or celebrating our independence at home!
- Watermelon slices
- Wooden skewers
- Star cookie cutter
1. Slide 8 blueberries onto a skewer
- Slice the watermelon the thickness of the star cookie cutter and use the cookie cutter to press out star shapes.
- Slide one watermelon star onto the top of the skewer.
- Chill until time to serve!
Pigs in a Blanket
- 2 (8-oz.) cans refrigerated crescent-roll dough
- 1 (14-oz.) package cocktail franks, rinsed and drained
- Ketchup (optional)
- Mustard (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Divide dough along perforated lines into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle into thirds.
- Place 1 cocktail frank on narrow end of dough triangle and roll up towards the wide end.
3. Arrange on ungreased baking sheet, point-side down. Repeat for remaining franks and dough.
4. Bake until dough is golden brown, about 12–15 minutes. Serve with mustard and/or ketchup if desired.
This recipe requires a little kitchen science. The drinks have to be layered according to sugar content to stay separate, with the drink/juice with the highest sugar content on the bottom, so read those labels!
- Red juice/drink with higher sugar content (such as a cranberry-cherry juice or red, sugar-added Kool-Aid)
- “White” drink with less sugar content than red drink (such as a non-alcoholic piña colada)
- “Blue” drink, such as sugar-free Kool-Aid Blue Raspberry
- Red or blue Twizzlers
- Pour red juice/drink into glass
- Add ice
- Very slowly, pour in white drink
4. Very slowly, top with red drink
- Add a red or blue Twizzler as a straw!
Note: Blue and red drinks can be swapped with blue on the bottom if the sugar content is higher in the blue drink.