Everyone knows that teachers have difficult jobs. They have to give individual attention to 20–30 kids at a time, all of whom have different personalities and skill sets. They have mountains of paperwork to complete and an ocean of red tape to navigate. While we all love to show our appreciation to teachers during the holidays and again during Teacher Appreciation Week in May, the back-to-school season is an excellent time to show your support with Back-to-School Starter Kits (or Survival Kits, as the case may be).
Sure, you can keep it simple with basic school supplies. But you can also get creative with some fun themed baskets. Think of Spas and Relaxation; Movie Night; Caffeination Station! The possibilities are endless. You can also include a list of items and define the purpose of each. Ideas include:
- Animal crackers for those days when the classroom feels like a zoo.
- Erasers to remind you that everyone makes mistakes.
- A bag of marbles, just in case your favorite teacher is on the verge of losing theirs!
- Paperclips to keep everything held together.
- Tissues to wipe away tears—whether tears because it was just “one of those days,” or tears of joy that a difficult student finally “got it.”
- Lotion for when things get a little rough.
- “Snickers” bar to remind him/her to take a break.
- Rubber bands to remind them to stay flexible.
- Packs or cans of soup for those days when things are too hot to handle.
- Hand sanitizer because lots of kids means lots of germs.
- A bag of change as a reminder that they are changing lives (and to help supplement lunch money!)
- Tea bags to remind your favorite teacher to relax.
- An apple because they’re a teacher and it’s virtually synonymous with the profession.
- Coffee because…well, it’s coffee.
A Teacher’s Back-to-School Starter Kit is a great way to show you care and give a little extra “oomph” to a teacher’s new school year. So get them started right. Give a special teacher you know a gift to use and enjoy!
Show your support for the teachers of WS/FC at Forsyth Woman’snext Girls’ Night Out event! Get an extra prize board ticket for every school supply item donated to Educator Warehouse! GNO will take place on Thursday, August 9th, starting at 5 PM at Legacy Stables and Events, located at 4151 Thomasville Road in Winston-Salem. Drink features include Beer Tangled Vine Rose Ale for $5 • All beer $5 • Wine by the glass $6. Food specials include Jasmine Rice Bowls • Salads • Chams and More! Reservations recommended. Call 336.293.7159.