What’s the best gift on your birthday? That answer changes with your age. Think about it. No one remembers their first birthday, but it’s likely recorded in photos or videos—that memorable moment when you either smashed the cake with your hand or dived right in for a big bite. As a kid, birthdays were all about the presents. Pre-Teens—a good excuse for a slumber party. Teens—have a party, the louder, the better! Young adults—have a spa day. Older adults—hey, we still like spa days; however, getting together with friends and family becomes more important than gifts.
But, let’s face it. Free stuff is great! Who knew there were so many options to get something just for aging another year! In most cases, all you need to do is sign up for the business rewards program at least seven days before your birthday. Check out these “free” opportunities to celebrate your birthday!
- Join Applebee’s e-mail club and get a free surprise for your birthday.
- Sign up for Arby’s e-mail and get a free milkshake. As a bonus, you may get a free roast beef classic sandwich with a drink purchase just for joining.
- Chili’s offers free dessert when you join My Chili’s Rewards Club. You also get free chips and salsa or a free non-alcoholic drink with each visit.
- Who doesn’t love Krispy Kreme? Fill out their app for a free donut. Make sure that “hot now” sign is on!
- Get your free birthday reward of chocolate-dipped fruit by joining Edible Arrangements’ Edible Rewards program. You get a 12-count box sometime during your birthday month.
- Speaking of chocolate, join the Godiva Reward Club for a special birthday treat.
- Love pancakes? Join IHOP’s Pancake Revolution for a free birthday meal, plus a free meal just for joining.
- Maybe you prefer waffles. Join the Waffle House Regulars Club for a free birthday waffle.
- Now you need coffee. Check out Starbucks’ Rewards for their free birthday gift.
- Join Olive Garden’s e-Club and enjoy a complimentary appetizer or dessert.
- Get your free birthday burger by joining Red Robin’s Royalty Program.
No Action Required Freebees:
- Visit Cracker Barrel on your birthday and enjoy a free dessert.
- Denny’s offers a free build-your-own Grand Slam on your birthday, just by showing your ID.
For the Kids:
- The Chuck E Club at Chuck E Cheese offers a special treat for the birthday boy or girl.
- Join Disney’s D23 (their official fan club) for special birthday offers.
- Stop by Barnes & Nobles for a free cupcake for the birthday kids.
For the Fur-Babies:
- Create your pet’s profile on Petco’s Pals Reward site and get your fur-baby a free birthday surprise.
- Join bareMinerals Friends & Benefits Program and get a gift.
- Sign up on the Designer Shoe Warehouse for DSW Rewards and check out their special birthday offers.
- Kohl’s Yes2You Rewards is worth signing up for as well.
- Aveda offers a free birthday gift.
- Office Depot and Office Max offer free birthday rewards points.
Stuff to Do:
- Watch a movie at an AMC theater and enjoy a free bag of birthday popcorn.
- Enjoy a free game of bowling on AMF.
- Visit Dave & Buster’s for a free $10 game play.
Disclaimer—These are only a small sampling of free options that you can enjoy on your birthday. Key in “free on your birthday” on your computer and a wide variety of options will open up on a large number of websites. Pick something you haven’t tried before or a favorite place that you didn’t know had birthday specials, and sign yourself up so you can enjoy your big day. Have a special breakfast, lunch, dinner, and throw in a snack or some shopping just for fun. Happy Birthday to You!