With summer beginning its downswing, we are thinking about what to cram into these last precious weeks with our kids, how much we have to do before school starts again and so many other things that do not include cooking multiple meals a day. Though there have probably been several last-minute dinners and sleepovers during the past couple months, there are some wonderful places you really should consider the next time you just want to enjoy the day and let someone else do the cooking! Below are some of our favorite takeout options from some great locations, and there are definitely enough days left in summer to try them all!
Mac & Nelli’s
- Party Platters—available in wings, chicken tenders and veggie varieties…something for everyone!
- Pastas, flatbreads, steaks, sandwiches—all of which travel well…so many delicious options to choose from.
- Catering—need to feed an even larger group without all the prep? Let Mac & Nelli’s take care of the stressful part of hosting.
Mulligan’s at Bermuda Run
- Snacks, starters and shareables—indulge in small bites such as wings, sashimi nachos and pork shank lollipops!
- Sand Wedges—turkey Brie, salmon BLT, ahi tuna wrap and more.
- Plates—NY strip with cabernet sauce and bacon-wrapped meatloaf…yum!
- Top it all off with ice cream pie…end summer the right way!
Three Bulls American Steakhouse
- Tableside guacamole—yes, that’s right! This dip is made at your table and to your taste…what a concept!
- Sloppy Joes and drunken chicken—takeout will never be the same. How can you compare this to the normal food-in-a-bag options that always seem to creep into our homes?
- Seafood and Grits—not JUST shrimp and grits here.
- Barbecue is such a fantastic takeout option! With hickory-smoked meat, sandwiches and sliders, platters and essentials sides, this is a requirement during the summer in the South.
- Nothing is more Southern than fried okra, but HonkyTonk Smokehouse is trying to top it with sweet potato tots, corn fritters, Brunswick stew and brisket chili.
- Catering is also available for all those who can’t get enough!
- Davie Tavern does something really cool—it offers Boxed Lunches of sandwiches and wraps for any occasion! Office get-together, birthday party, a day enjoying the beautiful outdoors on a hike or just a day by the pool without time built in for food preparation.
- Starters include Cajun crab dip with pita points, Southwestern wontons and cornmeal-fried oysters. Your family and guests will surely wait for these dishes to come home!
- Some tavern favorites are pancetta Alfredo and chicken cordon bleu.
- You can also indulge in a burger, sandwich, wrap or entrée, like seafood jambalaya pasta or brown sugar tarragon salmon.
Pie Guys’ Pizza
- Nothing says summer dinner like ordering pizza! It is always a crowd pleaser and such a great option when you are running low on time. Pie Guys has it all….
- Specialty pizzas include the “carnivore” and the “herbivore,” as well as the Margherita.
- There are also delicious wings, salads, sandwiches and desserts, such as mini- cannolis and gelato.
HakkaChow Asian Eats
- The sky is the limit at HakkaChow when it comes to Asian food…they have it all!
- Appetizers include Kobe beef lettuce wraps, sesame crusted tuna, kimchi cheese fries and Hakka Zen shrimp.
- Some of the classics range from crispy Thai basil chicken, Thai red curry, Mongolian beef, crispy boneless duck and pad Thai. There are so many options, you’ll have to make this a regular option for take out to try it all and pick your favorite!
Midtown Cafe & Dessertery
- This is the boss of takeout! They offer so many ways to bring the flavors of Midtown into your home. You can order online, carry out from the restaurant, get an event or large get-together catered, or stock your fridge and freezer with ready-made meals from the Midtown Market.
- The home-cooked approach Midtown takes allows takeout to taste like anything but; you can get lasagna, quiche, dinner pies and all the sides with little to no effort on your part. This allows you to feed your family like family, even when you don’t have the time!
- Also consider Midtown for your celebrations requiring yummy desserts…it is called a Dessertery, after all!
Nothing Bundt Cakes
- All those dinner options should be followed by something sweet during these hot summer months. Nothing Bundt Cakes has you covered.
- There are several sizes to choose from, and they even offer full-service party solutions, including candles, balloons and paper goods.
- Flavors do rotate, but some notable options include lemon raspberry, chocolate chocolate-chip, confetti, carrot, lemon and pecan praline.
[fbcomments url="" width="100%" count="off" num="15" countmsg="Facebook Comments"]