It’s likely you’ve driven by The Garden Boutique at Reynolda Village many times without realizing the unique role this shop plays in many garden restoration and beautification efforts in and around Winston-Salem. The Garden Boutique is actually a retail space run by the Garden Club Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County, a local non-profit headquartered at historic Reynolda Gardens. The Council is comprised of more than 22 local garden clubs equaling 850 members! Every penny earned by the shop goes to support community grants, restoration and conservation of local gardens, and education. This includes supporting Reynolda Gardens.
What can you find at The Garden Boutique? Let the sales associates give you a hand in browsing through the shop. There are unique gift ideas and special touches to add to your home tucked in every corner. You are sure to find seasonal items to get you and your home ready to celebrate with friends and family. For example, you can find:
- One-of-a-kind pottery containers in a variety of sizes, colors and textures
- Candlesticks from sturdy to delicate designs
- Garden-scented candles such as lemongrass, magnolia, rainforest, mandarin and tobacco
- Frames to showcase special moments
- Vases for freshly picked or silk arrangements
- Glassware or stemware
- Pré de Provence soaps and lotions
- Woven baskets (from small to larger sizes)
- Unique and hard-to-find gardening and floral design supplies
- Fall and holiday decorating and gift items
For a housewarming, teacher or birthday gift, think GREEN! Choose a live plant from the walkway into the greenhouse, matched with special planter or container. The Boutique associates will help you with the materials for potting or even prepare it for a ready-to-deliver gift.
“The Garden Boutique is the perfect place to find something that will freshen up your space or find that perfect gift, all at a reasonable price,” said Kristie Blanco, president of the Garden Club Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County. “And, your purchase should make you feel great because you are supporting the beautification of our community and Reynolda Gardens. Or, if you love plants and gardening, stop by for a visit…you’ll be amongst friends!”
What are some of the programs and initiatives supported by the Garden Club Council via The Garden Boutique at Reynolda Village?
- The Annual Flower Show at the Dixie Classic Fair: Tour this year’s Flower Shows to see the beauty and talents of local gardeners. The show is coordinated with the Winston-Salem Judges’ Council, the Garden Club Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County, the Winston-Salem Rose Society and the City of Winston-Salem Fairgrounds.
- Multiple beautification projects at varying stages of completion including period-specific flower beds at SECCA, an outdoor learning landscape at Hanes Middle School, the Pedestrian Passageway between Cherry and Trade Streets downtown, and a Memory Garden at El Buen Pastor.
- Two scholarships per year are awarded to local students pursuing accredited landscape or horticultural degrees in coordination with the Winston-Salem Foundation.
Shopping at The Garden Boutique at Reynolda Village not only helps spruce up your home or makes gift giving a pleasant experience but also helps with continual beautification efforts for our community. Now, that’s a win-win for everyone.
Make plans now for a first or a return visit to The Garden Boutique at Reynolda Village. Cooler weather certainly lends itself to a leisurely stroll through Reynolda Gardens once you’ve finished your shopping. The shop hours are Monday through Saturday from 10am-5pm. For additional information, call 336.722.5640, or visit the website at reynoldagardenboutique.com. For holiday hours and all special promotions, be sure to follow them on social media (Facebook and Instagram). The associates will be happy to help you select a special unique gift or something to get your home ready for the upcoming holidays. Plan to visit often; store inventory is always changing with the seasons.