The last thing mom wants to do is slave over a hot stove on Mother’s Day. Impress Mom with your planning and cooking skills by treating her to breakfast in bed (without her having to get up so early) with these make-ahead recipes the whole family will love! Making these favorite recipes in advance allows more quality time with mom (or for you to sleep in) and fewer dirty dishes in the sink on her big day!
Hash Brown Cheesy Ham & Egg Cups
20 oz. bag Hash Browns
1 cup Ham, diced
8 large Eggs
1½ cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp. Milk or Half & Half
¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
Optional: Feel free to add other ingredients your family loves, such as diced green pepper, mushrooms, chopped spinach, diced green onions, chopped broccoli, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, stir all ingredients until blended, saving a little shredded cheese for the tops later.
- Scoop mixture into muffin-tin cups (Be sure to scoop enough egg in so they won’t dry out.)
- Sprinkle tops with the extra cheese.
- Place on middle rack of the oven and bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Run a butter knife around each one before removing.
Bake-Ahead French Toast
8 oz. French Bread (day old), Brioche, or Challah
4 large Eggs
2 Tbsp. Sugar
1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. Maple Extract
¼ tsp. Salt
2 cups Whole Milk
½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp. Butter, cubed
1 tsp. Cinnamon
Raspberries or Blueberries, optional
1. Grease a 13 x 9″ baking dish, using butter.
- Slice bread to 1” thick pieces.
- In a medium bowl, lightly whisk the next 6 ingredients until well blended. Stir in milk and half & half. Pour the egg mixture over the bread, turning the bread once to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine flour, cinnamon and sprinkle onto top of bread.
- Bake, uncovered, until topping is golden brown, and a knife inserted in center comes out clean; about 40-45 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting.
- Top with berries and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve as-is or with maple syrup.
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
½ cup Old-Fashioned Oats
½ medium Gala or Honeycrisp Apple, chopped
1 Tbsp. Raisins or Dried Cranberries
¼ cup Pecans, toasted and chopped, optional
¼ tsp. Cinnamon
pinch of Salt
1 cup Milk or Almond Milk
1. In a small jar or container, combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight
- Serve cold or warmed up slightly.
[fbcomments url="" width="100%" count="off" num="15" countmsg="Facebook Comments"]