Just because we are staying home more lately, doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate big! This Valentine’s Day, consider making it a movie night-in with the kids, with an array of healthy treats to make and eat before the credits roll. From pink popcorn to frozen yogurt-dipped strawberries and fizzy drinks, we have your festive snacks covered!
10 cups Popcorn (unflavored or kettle corn)
1 cup Pink or red candy melts
3 Tbsp. Coconut oil
1½ cup Mini-marshmallows
Pink or red sprinkles, decorating sugar, etc.
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave candy melts and coconut oil until thoroughly melted, about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until smooth enough to drizzle.
2. Line a large cookie sheet with foil. Using a fork, zigzag-drizzle half of the pink mixture all over the foil.
3. Pour a thin layer of popcorn on top and lightly press into the pink drizzle. Sprinkle marshmallows on top of popcorn. Drizzle the remaining pink mixture on top and immediately add sprinkles and decorative sugar so they will stick.
4. Allow pink drizzle to dry and harden, then toss and enjoy!
Frozen Yogurt-Dipped Strawberries
1 (5.3 oz.) container strawberry or chocolate Greek yogurt
Pink sugar or sprinkles (optional)
- Cap strawberries and cut them in half.
- Dip strawberries in Greek yogurt.
- Place dipped strawberries on parchment-lined baking sheet and add sprinkles or decorative sugar if desired, and freeze.
Cupid Punch (Shirley Temple)
3 cups Lemon-lime soda
Juice of 1 Lime
4 tsp. Grenadine syrup
Festive paper straw (optional)
1. Fill 4 glasses with ice. Divide the soda and lime juice evenly among the glasses. Top with grenadine, divided equally among the glasses.
2. Add a maraschino cherry, festive paper straw and serve!
[fbcomments url="" width="100%" count="off" num="15" countmsg="Facebook Comments"]