“’Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.” Turn a delicious strawberry into a healthy Christmas mouse snack with slivered almond ears and a cheese tail, perched perfectly on a cracker!
Whole wheat crackers
- For each “mouse,” cut two squares of Swiss cheese to fit the cracker, place on top and set aside.
- Wash and pat the strawberries dry, removing the stem and carving a small hole for the “tail.” Slice off a bit of the side of the strawberry that will serve as the bottom of the mouse, so it will sit flat on the cheese and cracker.
- Insert two almond slivers for the mouse “ears” and peel a string of cheese to insert as the mouse “tail.”
- Place each strawberry mouse atop the cheese and cracker and serve immediately.
Cheesy Christmas Tree Pull-Apart Bread
1 lb. pizza dough
¼ cup butter, melted
7 Mozzarella sticks
½ cup Parmesan, finely grated
Rosemary, finely chopped
Parsley, finely chopped
Basil, finely chopped
1 Egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut mozzarella sticks into 33 1″ pieces.
- On a floured surface, divide pizza dough into two sections. Stretch and roll each section into a long rectangle, then cut the dough into 2″ squares, for a total of 33. Wrap each piece of mozzarella in the dough, forming a tightly sealed ball. Place each ball seam-side down on the baking sheet, forming the shape of a Christmas tree. (The balls should be touching.)
- Brush the beaten egg white onto the dough balls and bake until golden, 15–20 minutes.
- While the balls are baking, whisk together the melted butter, Parmesan, and the chopped herbs. Brush onto the baked dough balls.
- Serve warm with marinara for dipping.
Christmas Cookie Popcorn
½ cup un-popped popcorn
¼ tsp. Almond extract
½ tsp. Vanilla extract
Sprinkles, red and green assortment
2 Tbsps. butter
1½ cups Vanilla candy melts
- Pop popcorn and remove un-popped kernels. Place in large bowl.
- Mix together melted butter and extracts, then drizzle over the popcorn and stir to coat. Salt the popcorn mixture lightly.
- Melt vanilla candy melts in microwave according to directions and drizzle over the popcorn mixture, stirring to coat.
- Spread the mixture on a large baking sheet and add sprinkles.
- Allow to sit until set. Break apart and serve in bowl or treat bags.
Shopping List for all three!
Baking & Spices
1 Pizza dough ball
Vanilla candy melts
Red & Green sprinkles
Triskets or other whole wheat crackers
String cheese sticks
Swiss cheese slices