These cute and festive recipes of pastel treats and healthy carrots are perfect for Easter and spring vibes! These delicious goodies are especially easy, so be sure to let little hands help!
4 cups Chex cereal (wheat, corn or rice)
2 cups pretzel sticks
2 cups Cheerios
1 cup candy-coated chocolate eggs (Hershey’s, M&M, etc.)
1 bag white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except white chocolate chips.
- Place white chocolate chips into microwave-safe bowl. Melt for 1.5 minutes at 70% power. Stir until smooth.
- Pour white chocolate over snack mix and stir gently.
- Pour mixture onto wax paper and let set until hard. Break apart and serve in a bowl, or bag them to gift.
“Potted” Baby Carrots
1 bag of baby carrots
1 bunch of parsley or cilantro
1 container of garlic hummus
- Fill terracotta pots with hummus.
- Create a carrot “top” using a toothpick to poke a hole in the baby carrots. Stuff the hole with a small piece of parsley or cilantro.
- “Plant” 2–3 baby carrots halfway into the hummus.
Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots
2 lbs. carrots (about 7 medium), peeled
3 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
½ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut carrots into sticks.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, garlic powder, salt, pepper and melted butter. Drizzle over carrots and toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven until tender, 15–18 minutes and serve.
2 lbs. large carrots
1 bag baby carrots
Parsley or cilantro
Dairy/Cold Case Items:
White chocolate chips
Mini or stick pretzels
Candy chocolate mini eggs
Chex (any variety)