Spread the love by making these easy sweet treats with your little ones for Valentine’s Day!
Red & White Velvet Cookies
1 package red velvet cake mix
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 4-oz. bars white chocolate
1. Using a wooden spoon, combine cake mix, melted butter, vanilla, egg until mixed.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch log. Wrap in wax paper and seal in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheets. Cut cookie dough log into ¼″ slices and place onto baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Let cookies cool on pan for 1 minute, then transfer to wire rack until completely cool.
- Break white chocolate pieces and place into microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high or until just melted. Stir until smooth.
- Spread the white chocolate mixture on one-half of each cookie. Rest cookies until chocolate is set, then serve.
Sweet Fortune Cookies
1 egg white
⅛ tsp. vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
¼ cup white sugar
(optional: a drop of red food coloring will make them pink!)
- First, make the fortunes. Write out sweet sayings or lines of poetry on paper and cut out. Fold small enough to fit into the cookie.
- Mix the egg white and vanilla until foamy, but not stiff.
- Sift the flour, salt and sugar and blend into the egg white mixture. The batter should be a little runny.
- Grease the cookie sheet. (Optional: Flip the cookie sheet and use the bottom.) Place a teaspoon of batter onto the cookie sheet, using the back of the spoon to spread it in a thin circle.
- Since the cookies remain flexible while warm, bake in small batches at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes or until the edges are browned. Using a metal spatula, carefully and quickly remove the cookies.
- Quickly place the folded fortune in the center of the cookie and fold in half. Using the rim of a glass or mug, press the folded cookie edge against the rim to create the fortune cookie “dent.” As it cools, the cookie will harden.
Sweetheart Strawberry Float
Vanilla ice cream
Whipped topping (optional)
- Place two scoops of vanilla ice cream into a glass (or those Starbucks Frappuccino bottles you’ve been holding on to).
- Slowly pour strawberry soda over the ice cream. Note: It will foam a lot!
- Optionally, you can add whipped cream on top and a strawberry wedge to the edge of the glass. Optional decoration: include a pink-and-white paper straw!
Vanilla ice cream
Red velvet cake mix
Unbleached all-purpose flour
white granulated sugar