As we are all spending more time outdoors lately, it’s a great time to fire up the grill with family. From chicken to turkey and refreshing drinks to enjoy, here are some of our favorite kid-friendly recipes to enjoy outdoors by the grill!
Thai Peanut Chicken Skewers
1 lb. Chicken tenders (threaded onto small skewers)
Salt, pepper, soy sauce (to taste)
For the sauce:
½ cup creamy peanut butter
¼ in. piece fresh ginger (minced)
½ Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Garlic clove (minced)
1 Tbsp. lime juice
½ Tbsp. fish sauce
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
½ cup coconut milk or water
Fresh chili, cayenne pepper or chili sauce (to taste) (optional)
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and soy sauce. Heat the grill (or cast iron pan over medium high heat on the stove). Grill the kabobs until chicken is done, about 4-8 minutes per side.
- While the chicken cooks, whisk all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. For a smoother sauce, place all ingredients into a mini-food processor or blend with a stick blender. Add more coconut milk or water if the dipping sauce seems too thick.
- Serve the chicken skewers with dipping sauce on the side.
Turkey Fajita Foil Packets
4 Turkey breast cutlets (or chicken), cut into bite-size pieces
2-3 Bell peppers, cut into strips
1 Onion, cut into strips
1 packet taco seasoning
A few dabs of butter
- Arrange two 18″ strips of foil in a crisscross fashion. Place turkey into the center of the top layer and sprinkle with half of the taco seasoning.
- Place the pepper and onion strips on top of the turkey and sprinkle on the remaining taco seasoning and top with the dabs of butter.
- Close the foil tightly and grill for about 30 minutes or until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165° F. Alternatively, bake in a 400° F. oven for 45 minutes or until turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165° F.
- Open the foil packet and stir ingredients to mix the taco seasoning into all ingredients and serve on soft tortilla shells.
Raspberry Peach Lemonade
¼ cup agave nectar
6 oz. raspberries
3 medium peaches, sliced
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
6 cups water
1. In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup water and agave over medium heat until the agave dissolves, about 1 minute. Add raspberries and peaches. Stir occasionally, bringing it to a simmer until raspberries have broken down, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the raspberry-peach mixture in a blender until smooth, about 1 minute. Cool completely and strain through a cheesecloth or fine strainer.
- In a large pitcher, whisk together raspberry-peach mixture, lemon juice and 5 cups water. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve over ice and raspberries. Bonus points if served in Mason jars!
[fbcomments url="" width="100%" count="off" num="15" countmsg="Facebook Comments"]