Few treats scream “summer” like S’mores! Here are three delightful twists on the ooey, gooey dessert—no fire needed!
S’mores Rice Krispy Treats
4 Tbsp. Butter
6 cups Marshmallows
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
3½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
¾ cup Jet Puffed Marshmallow Bits (or mini- marshmallows, roughly chopped)
¾ cup Chocolate chips
1. Mix together Rice Krispies, Golden Grahams, Marshmallow Bits, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Turn heat to lowest setting and add the marshmallows. Once the marshmallows are almost melted, stir in vanilla extract and continue stirring until marshmallows are completely melted.
3. Remove from heat and pour over cereal mixture, stirring gently until combined. Turn out onto lightly greased 9″x9″ baking pan and let cool for 5 minutes. With buttered hands, press into pan evenly.
4. Cool for 20 minutes; slice into squares and enjoy!
S’mores Frozen Pops
¼ cup Mini-chocolate chips
1 box Chocolate pudding mix, small
1 cup Whipped topping, such as Coolwhip
1 sleeve Graham crackers
1 Tbsp. Butter
8 oz. Cream cheese
7 oz. Marshmallow cream
1 cup Mini-marshmallows, roughly chopped (or Jet Puffed Marshmallow Bits)
2 cups Milk
15-20 Small paper cups
1. Crush the graham crackers with a rolling pin. In a small mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together pudding mix and milk. Stir in mini-chocolate chips and whipped topping until well combined.
3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes, until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add marshmallow cream and beat until combined. Stir in whipped topping and marshmallow bits. Set aside.
4. Assemble: set the cups on a rimmed baking sheet. Using a small spoon, add a layer of graham crumbs to each cup. Using a piping bag or spoon, add a layer of the marshmallow mixture, tapping the cup so the mixture settles. Using a pastry bag or spoon, add a layer of the chocolate mixture. Smooth the mixture to the sides with a spoon. Repeat the layers if your cup size allows. Top with a small spoonful of graham crumbs.
5. Insert a popsicle stick and freeze at least 4 hours or overnight. To remove the cup mold, dip the cup into warm water for a few seconds until the pop releases.
No-Bake S’mores Chocolate Bark
3½ cups Milk chocolate chips (22 oz.)
½ cup White chocolate chips (3 oz.)
1 cup Marshmallow fluff
4 Graham cracker rectangles
1. In a small bowl, melt 1½ cups chocolate chips in the microwave, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until melted.
2. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and spread the melted chocolate over the wax paper. (Be sure not to spread it too thinly. It should not completely cover a 10″x15″ pan.) Chill in refrigerator.
3. In the same fashion, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave. Once melted, mix in the marshmallow fluff, then microwave for 30 seconds. Quickly spread over the first chocolate layer.
4. Crumble the 4 graham crackers into large chunks and press them into the marshmallow layer. Refrigerate about 30 minutes.
5. Melt 2 cups of chocolate chips as before, and gently spread over the graham layer.
6. Freeze bark for two hours, then slice or break into pieces. Keep in refrigerator for solid bark or leave out for slightly squishy bark.
[fbcomments url="" width="100%" count="off" num="15" countmsg="Facebook Comments"]