“Hello, it’s Prom Time? Are you ready?”
Teenagers across the Triad are starting to think about Prom Time, and now is the time to book your appointment at Paparazzi Hair Salon! “This is not a time for boring hair,” said owner and stylist Bobbie Skinner. “Prom is a significant rite of passage and a time when memories are made! We want to help young men and women be camera-ready for their big night!”
Bobbie and her team specialize in up-dos, and with that in mind, it’s important to book early. “It’s not unreasonable to book your up-do with us a good six to eight weeks before the prom,” said Bobbie. “We want to make sure we’re available for the date and time we’re needed, especially since the average prom up-do and makeup can take up to an hour and a half to do.”
Beyond that tip, Bobbie has some great advice for getting ready for prom:
- Schedule a glossing treatment or refresh your highlights two to four weeks before prom. You never want to apply a new color or a new treatment right before a big event.
- Wash your hair the day before, not the day of prom! This is especially important if you have a lot of hair! It ensures that your hair is completely dry and ready for styling. Plus, the oils in your hair are going to help with the up-do!
- Bring a picture of your dress (both the front and back!) with you for your appointment! Your stylist can create a beautiful style that complements your look without competing with it.
- Have a specific style in mind? Bring pictures of a few examples (up to three!) to show your stylist the look you like.
- Don’t forget hair accessories or fresh flowers! A great hair accessory can really add so much to a lovely up-do.
- Make sure you are dressed appropriately—wear a button-down shirt or a wide, open-neck-collared shirt so you can change out of it easily without messing up your style.
- Once your up-do is in place—leave it alone! Oils in your hands will break down the style, and frequent touching may mess up the look.
- Arrive at your makeup appointment with clean skin; no makeup!
“We have been helping create perfect prom looks for years,” said Bobbie. “We know how exciting this event is, and we are so happy to help create gorgeous up-dos that make girls feel beautiful and glamorous!”
Bobbie continued, “We want to make sure those styles stay, so those who book their prom styles with Paparazzi Hair Salon will receive a travel size bottle of hair spray to keep their style looking great throughout the night.”
Book your prom appointment with Paparazzi Hair Salon soon!
Paparazzi Hair Salon is located at 6000 Meadowbrook Mall Court in Clemmons. Call them at 336-893-7169. Visit online at PaparazziHairSalon.com. Be sure to like them on Facebook and follow them on Instagram! Walk-ins for haircuts are welcome!
[fbcomments url="" width="100%" count="off" num="15" countmsg="Facebook Comments"]