These s’mores chocolate chip cookies are the perfect combination of homemade cookies with toasted marshmallows, melted chocolate and graham cracker crumbs. They are a fun and easy way to dress up an ordinary chocolate chip cookie! Use store-bought cookie dough, as I listed below, or use your favorite homemade recipe. Either way, these are a crowd pleaser!
1 package store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough (or 1 batch of your favorite cookie recipe)
12 regular marshmallows, halved
1 4-ounce semi-sweet chocolate bar, finely chopped
⅓cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- Follow cookie dough baking instructions per packaging. Bake at recommended temperature, leaving 2 minutes off of overall baking time or until cookies are barely golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and turn oven up to high broil.
- Top each cookie with a marshmallow half, sticky side down, on the cookie. Return to the oven for only 1-2 minutes, or until the broil setting slightly toasts the marshmallow.
- Remove cookies from the oven and cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet as you prepare chocolate. Using the back of a spoon, press the marshmallow down if it didn’t melt down on its own.
- Melt the chocolate: you can melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. If using the microwave: place the chopped chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Melt in 20-second intervals, stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth. Spoon evenly over marshmallow. Top with graham cracker crumbs.
- Allow chocolate to set completely at room temperature, about 60 minutes, or in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.