If we’re being honest here, who doesn’t love a good brownie? Cookies, cakes and pies aside, brownies are a classic dessert staple that always goes over well with a crowd. I love a moist, dense, fudge brownie for myself. If you happen to be on the same brownie team as me, follow along, because you are in for a treat!
Ingredients (For 9 servings):
8 ounces chocolate, good quality
¾ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1¼ cups sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Chop the chocolate into chunks. Melt half and reserve the other 4 ounces.
- Mix butter with the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Incorporate eggs and vanilla for 1–2 minutes.
- Whisk in reserved chocolate (NOTE: be sure that the melted chocolate isn’t too hot, or else the eggs will begin to cook).
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet, being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in remaining chocolate chunks.
- Transfer batter into a well-greased brownie pan and cook for 30 minutes. Let cool completely.