Full disclaimer: these are addicting! I work with many wonderful people and as someone who loves to bake, I often find myself bringing in weekend leftovers, recipe trials or random sweet treats to simply get them out of my kitchen. Because I am now deemed “The Sweet Treat Queen,” I am even given requests for desserts to share with my fellow co-workers. These Oreo Cheesecake Bites were just that—a request!
They are much simpler than a traditional cheesecake and the individual portions make them even easier to eat. Oreos, of course, can be swapped out for something you enjoy more or can be discarded completely for a traditional cheesecake bite.
Original recipe by Kraft:
36 Oreo cookies, divided
4 packages of cream cheese, 8 ounces each
1 cup sour cream
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a large pan with foil, extending it over the sides. Finely crush 24 cookies. Melt ¼ cup butter and mix with cookie crumbs. Press into the bottom of prepared pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer until blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low until just blended. Chop remaining cookies. Gently stir into batter; pour over crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes until just set. Let cool completely and then refrigerate for at least four hours.
- To serve, use excess foil to lift out of pan and cut into individual bars, or use a round cookie cutter to make rounds.