We all understand that most of us overindulge during the holiday season. From the copious amounts of butter and sweets, the New Year provides us a moment to stop and throw out all the leftovers of cake and cookies that may still be sitting in the fridge.
Oven Roasted Fruit is a fantastic way to cut back on the gluten and chocolate, but still feed that sometimes never-ending sweet tooth. A customizable recipe for your preferences, throw your favorite fruits on a baking sheet, roast for a few minutes and enjoy with yogurt, honey or completely on their own.
- 2 pears, cut into quarters or eighths
- 1 apple, cut into quarters or eighths
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine all fruits in a roasting pan large enough to lay fruit into a single layer and drizzle it with orange juice and sugar.
- Roast for 10 minutes, flip larger pieces and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with yogurt, ricotta cheese or ice cream.