“Working together, we make college dreams come true.”
Anna Zarate Hauser and Gary Hauser, Senior Marketing Directors of World Financial Group-Clemmons Financial Center and licensed financial professionals, know that college planning can be challenging for students and parents. It’s important that all are on the same page in terms of expectations.
Among the many programs offered by World Financial Group-Clemmons Financial Center, one of the most popular is the College Coaching Program, offered in partnership with Heartland Institute of Financial Education (HIFE). The primary goal of HIFE is “to help everyone who wants an education obtain one in the most cost-effective way possible.” With the high costs associated with a college education, that goal is welcoming to many families faced with not only which university their child will attend, but how that education will be financed.
Some key steps involved in the program include:
- Realizing that it is never too early to plan for your children’s education.
- Awareness of three elements in the college planning process fundamental to many of the steps along the way (e.g., the application process, admissions process, scholarship awards, financial planning, and more):
- Knowing what needs to be done;
- How it needs to done;
- And, when it needs to be done.
- The feature that each student/family is assigned a “College Planning Coach” who works directly with the students and parents, assisting them with the college planning, admissions, and financial aid process, and that
- The coach will help students identify particular areas of interest as early as the 8th grade;
- Coaches help students target interests and career goals, while selecting colleges/universities that offer majors in those particular areas. Identifying career goals early helps in picking the right school and possible changes of major that may extend the time attending school;
- Coaches offer assistance in preparation for college testing (ACT or SAT) as well as preparation of student resumes;
- Coaches provide comparisons among schools to help select the best school from an academic and financial perspective;
- The Heartland Institute employs a variety of strategies to help position families and students to receive optimal placement and funding.
Giving their children the best opportunity for their future is important to parents. Utilizing the tools offered by World Financial Group-Clemmons Financial Center is an excellent way to turn those dreams into reality. Plus, it opens the door to additional guidance for your children to understand the importance of planning to meet and achieve goals. It takes time and effort to get there. Learning goal-setting at an early age is a skill that will serve them well in life.
Give Anna, Gary, and the team a call to make an appointment to discuss college planning, or any other financial planning decision impacting your family, at 336.986.9303 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Consider attending one of the seminar sessions on a topic of interest to you. Their office hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Plus, they offer flexible appointment scheduling based on their clients’ needs. World Financial Group-Clemmons is located at 2554 Lewisville-Clemmons Road, Suite 103 (first floor). Visit their World Financial Group website (annazaratehauser.wfgopportunity.com). Follow them on their Facebook page: World Financial Group-Clemmons Financial Center @wfgclemmonsnc.
“I think a college education is important, no matter what you do in life.” ~ Phil Mickelson